Beth Melton

Not everyone can use a newsreader due to corporate policies/security
which is one of the reasons Microsoft added this capability. Plus the
web interface provides an option that will send the poster a
notification when replies have been posted to a thread which helps
those who are not familiar with newsgroups to find our responses to
their questions. I think this aspect is important since I know there
have been many times I felt my replies never reached the OP and my
efforts were for naught.

Besides....do you really think it is really *that* 'orrible? In all
honesty I was against the whole 'web interface' notion when it was
conceived several years ago but it has grown on me. Of course, not to
the point I would use it instead of OE, or another newsreader, but if
I were unable to use NNTP to access the newsgroups I'd use the web
interface.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Gordon" wrote in message

Then why not use a proper newsreader instead of the 'orrible web
interface?