Tina

Thank You! I have´nt seen that arrow before. I must be blind :-)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you clicked the arrow beside Insert? You should see "Insert as Link" or
"Link to File." Or, in earlier versions, there's a check box for "Link to
file."

"Tina" wrote in message
When I use Insert/Picture/From file, I don´t have a Link option. Where can

find it?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Y3luZGk=?=,

I don't believe you can link a bitmap with the paste special box, try
inserting it as an object, and check the link checkbox there

No, one should never insert a graphic as an object. Unless you know you
want to use OLE support specifically. Lots and lots and lots of
overhead; large file size; instability. Use Insert/Picture/From file
with the Link option.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org