Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
croy croy is offline

Default Opening WordPerfec (DOS) Documents with Winword Template(?)

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:40:04 +0100, "Terry Farrell"
wrote:

There is only one normal.dot active in Word. I think you are saying that you
open a WP doc and it isn't using the parameters you have set up in your
current normal.dot? Unfortunately, Word doesn't work like that. A document
you open will have the attributes of the original template from which it was
created. You have to change the attached template to your current normal.dot
and then run AutoFormat. It is unlikely to adopt the results you want though
unless all the original styles are using the same style names you currently
use. Then you have to remove all the direct formatting changes too.

Terry

Thanks, Terry. Looks like I'll have to find another tool.

--
croy