Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pascal[_2_] Pascal[_2_] is offline

Default Spaces after footnotes

Thanks Herb. Just to be sure, I went through the procedures you gave but
they're all normal. The blank space appeared while I was working on the
format of the tables in my document. The spacing kept increasing. Thanks in
advance.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Don't know all that you've explored, but if there is anything in the footer
area, make sure that the footer spacing (From edge: Footer) in Page Setup -
Layout tab is not set larger than needed.

The other setting that might be giving you too much space is if the
footnote's paragraph After spacing is set too high (Format - Paragraph -
After), or if the line spacing has a multiple setting (Format - Paragraph -
Line spacing).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Pascal" pascalvalois[at]hotmail.com wrote in message
Dear Suzanne,

I just wanted to know if you managed to find a solution to problem of the
blank below the footnotes. Thanks a lot in advance

Pascal V.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm, but if the space
is
actually below the footnotes and not above, then the article may not
help,
as it sounds as if something else is going wrong.

http://word.mvps.org

"Grae" wrote in message
news Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your suggestion. I already had the footnotes set to Bottom
of
page. I fiddled with the bottom page margin and that helped. I checked
the
footer and it does not appear to be overlapping with the white space. I
still
however have a white space of about 1-1.5 lines which should not be
there
given the margin setting.

Graeme.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Set the footnotes to "Bottom of page" instead of "Below text"?

http://word.mvps.org

"Grae" wrote in message
Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes and
the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.