EdG2015 EdG2015 is offline
Junior Member

Default Colour Coding Table Cells in Multiple Tables in One Document

Hi all,

I've searched all over and can't find something that's giving the results that I want, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I am creating a document in Word 2010 which has around 20 tables in it each of which is of varying size. I need to apply something akin to conditional formatting in Excel which will vary for each table. For example, I want one table to format cells (using excel-type references) C3, F3, I3 and L3 with red text if 80%, amber if 80-99.99% and green if 100%. Another table I want to format anything in row 4 which is a negative as red 0-3 as amber and 4 or more in green.

I know that I could embed excel sheets within the document but this doesn't fit with what I want to achieve, so am looking for a word solution either through VBA or otherwise. If using VBA, would appreciate if someone could point me in the direction of identifying individual tables in the document so the right formatting is applied to the right table. Apologies if this is a pretty dim question - Word is not my natural environment!

Thanks.