PeterM

I had them set their macro secruity level to low and it made no difference.
Not being able to view the macros is really not the problem, it's the
inability to call the macro that is causing the document to fail..........

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Any chance they have their security on the new machines set to the default
"High" which would disable the macros without notice. Not sure what that
would do to trying to view macros.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"PeterM" wrote in message
yes, they have been working for over 2 months now, it's just since they
rebuilt their machine that this has become a problem

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Are you sure that the macros are supposed to be in the document and not
in
the template (or your normal.dot)?

PeterM wrote:
I have a word doc (2003) which contains two macros. The
Document_Open() event calls one of the macros. Everything has been
fine until recently. Several of my users have had to rebuild their
machines including upgrading to XP and installing Office 2003. Now
when they open the word doc they get a VBA compile error saying the
macro name is not defined. When I look at the doc the macros are
there...I have the users to go ToolsMacroMacro and they do not
see the two macros contained in the doc. They have emailed the doc
to me and I can see the macros, but they cannot. Is there some
default in word somewhere where you need to enable macros? Their
macro security is set to Medium, we tried setting it to low, but that
didn't make any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!