Jonathan Wareham

Default Mail Merge Using Date Filters With SQL Data Source

Hi,

We have a problem using the filter data source option when mail merging
using an SQL server 2000 view. Filtering on dates does not appear to work.
It is as if Word is not interpreting the date in the correct format and any
filters applied to date fields are rejected by the mail merge wizard.
Filters on other data types work fine.

For example, we have a column called 'Date Sold', the dates are stored as
YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS (2004-12-14 00:00:00). We click on the down arrow to
Advanced filter, select the Date Sold field and set up a greater than
filter. We entered the date in the compared to field in the same format as
it is presented, on clicking OK the query appears to be run, however, the
records have not been filtered as expected and when reexamining the Filter
and Sort window the date filter has disappeared.

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jonathan