Shauna Kelly

Hi Clare

I can reproduce this problem, but I have no idea what causes it, and I can't
think of a work-around.

I guess we'll all just have to remember to select a paragraph mark before or
after the table if we want to copy tracked changes in a table into a new
document.

In any case, I'll add your observations to the article at
How does Track Changes in Microsoft Word work?
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Clare" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm encountering unexpected results when using Word Tables and Track
Changes. I am using Word 2002 SP-2 on a Windows XP platform.

I have regular text containing Track Changes markup. I TURN OFF track
changes (but do not resolve the markup). I then select that text, copy it
the clip board and paste it into a different location within the document,
the newly created text does retain the track changes markup (EXPECTED).

If I have a table containing Track Changes markup, TURN OFF track changes
(again, I do not resolve the markup). I select that table, copy it to the
clip board and paste it into a different location within the document, the
newly created table DOES NOT retain the track changes markup (NOT
EXPECTED).

If I have regular text and a table containing Track Changes markup, TURN
OFF
track changes, select both the text and table, copy it to the clip board
and
paste it into a different location within the document, the newly created
text AND table DO retain the track changes markup (EXPECTED).

Why does the "Just Table" scenario not work as expected?

Clare