Daiya Mitchell

On 8/28/05 1:50 PM, "Confused" wrote:

I just enrolled into an online class and my papers have to be done in APA
format but I don't know anything about this format.

Word is the file format for the computer program you are using to write your
paper.

APA format is the format for how you arrange citations for the sources, etc,
that you cite in a paper you write. E.g., the order you list author, title,
etc, in, whether you underline or italicize titles, etc. See here for a
better explanation:
http://www.apastyle.org/aboutstyle.html

They deal with totally different aspects of a paper, so you wouldn't be
converting from one to another.

Start here re APA style rules
http://apastyle.org/

Also use http://google.com or another search engine to search the web. You
will probably find plenty of sites that list APA rules for formatting
citations/references, plus sites that let you download an APA-style template
for Word to use.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/