Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tomr Tomr is offline

Default "refers to more than one style" error

Hi--

After copying some text from one Word 2003 doc to another, the style
'Heading 2' has vanished, and instead I have several styles called 'Heading
2, Char' Originally, there was no style with that name in either
document--it must have somehow been created during te pasting.

Now, whenever I try to apply Heading 2, I get the message "Char refers to
more than one style." But, of course, I can't delete the Heading 2 style, so
I seem to kind of be stuck here.

Anyone seen this before? Any idea how to fix it?