Tony Jollans

Default remove a keyboard shortcut key

Have you selected "All Commands" under categories (on the left) - you will
need to scroll down to find it. It rather sounds like you have selected
"File".

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Chris at FCC" wrote in message
FileNewDefault does not show up on the list . . . but when I type in ctrl

+
N, it shows up as the command to which it's currently assigned . . . I see
FileNew and FileNewContext . . . p.s. thanks for taking the time to answer

on
a Sunday!

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Are you sure you're looking in the right place? I don't know what it

says in
help but I doubt it's specific enough for this one.

Tools Customize Keyboard...
Select All Commands in the categories list on the left
Scroll down the commands list on the right and select FileNewDefault
Click on Ctrl+N in the current keys list
Press Remove.

A quick tip on finding the command name to look for:
Select any command in the Keyboard Dialog (the default when it's first
displayed is good enough)
Click in the "Press New Shortcut Key" box
Press the key combination you are interested in (in this case Ctrl+n)
The legend "Currently assigned to" will appear under the current keys

box
And the name of the command (or "[unasigned]") will appear beside it,

under
the "press new shortcut key" box.
You can then locate the command in the All Commands list, as described
above.
--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Chris at FCC" wrote in message
I want to remove the Ctrl + N shortcut key from Word (I keep hitting

it
accidentally, and never use it to open a "New Blank Document" anyway).

tried following the instructions in Help, but the key does not show up

on
the
current shortcut list in Tools-Customize. I even tried adding it and

then
removing it, and I still get a new document when I hit Ctrl + N.