Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert McN Robert McN is offline

Default Embedding formula in word without table

I am working on two-three page document in Word 2003. As it is laid out now,
I have a table in which in the left column I add text which can be quite
long. In the right column I add a number. At then end of the document, all
the above listed numbers are added for a total score. The problem is that
some cells have a lot of text, and so the table breaks automatically at the
border between rows, leaving some pages with a few lines of text and some
pages with lots of text. It looks bad and it ends up wasting paper. In the
table option, I have check the box for "allow row to break across pages," but
the unsatisfactory formatting persists. Is there some way either to embed
number field directly into say a heading line, and then have them summarized
at the end of the document, or to have table rows split in mid-row when the
text gets to the end of the page. Otherwise, if my question is clear, can
you think of another alternative.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
Bob