Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Question about the upgrade process

To follow up on JoAnn's suggestion, as a student, you may be eligible for a
discount price on the full version (through your school). Or you can get the
Home and Student Edition quite reasonably. The one thing I would strongly
advise you *not* to do is purchase any version via download only. Buy it in
a store (even if it's an online store such as Amazon) that will sell you the
CDs. Sooner or later you're going to need them (as you've already realized
about Works). Also, if Works 8.5 is a full version (not just a trial), Acer
should have provided you with a CD for that as well.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
No but what are you going to do if/when you get another computer? You'll
need a wualifying product and may not have one. Are you sure you can't
afford a full version from Amazon?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"IceHockeyJason" wrote in
message ...
I apologize if this has been answered, but I am starting a Word 2007 class
tomorrow. I have just enough money to purchase the upgrade version. Now
heres
the thing. On my new Acer Laptop, it came pre-installed with Works 8.5
but
did not include any media. Since this installation is a valid one, do I
have
to insert a disk to prove I have works on there, or is the installation
on my
HD sufficient? This would be an upgrade from an OEM version of Works.