Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] pwebb@kcionline.org is offline

Default Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

I have the same problem:
When I save my Word 2010 document the style looks fine.
BUT when I close and reopen the file, the font colour of the style has changed from black to grey.

If I try to edit the style it tells me that the font is black (although it is displaying as grey). I have to change the colour of one sentence that uses this style and then update the style to match that sentence. I have to do this every time I open the document.

I followed Lisa's recommendation given he but that option is not checked on my PC (Developer Tools | Templates | Document Template | Automatically Update Document Styles)