Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default period adds spaces automatically

This is not built into Word. At a guess, someone has added it as an
AutoCorrect entry. Look for it in the list in Tools | AutoCorrect Options
and delete the entry.

"DRP" wrote in message
I just set up our new computer with Word 2003 (actually Office). As of

set
up, Word automatically adds two spaces after every period. This creates a
problems when I type numbers with decimals - which I need to do quite

often.
Any suggestions? Thanks!