Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word table entries generating inappropriate automatic page breaks

Best guess is that too many rows are formatted as "Keep with next."

http://word.mvps.org

"gf" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003 tables as an address book. Each letter of the alphabet
is
a separate table. All tables have identical properties. It was working
fine,
and still is, except for some entries in the letter L. Several entries are
triggering a premature automatic page break (I can see the break in Normal
view). The first two pages worth of entries break correctly. Then, in one
instance, half the page after a break is blank. In another instance, more
than 2/3 of the page after a break is blank. I've tried looking at the
table
properties, paragraph properties in the cells, looking for formatting
differences in the rows, even searching for Page Break Before tags in the
entire document, but I haven't been able to figure out or fix what's
happening. Any ideas?