noblehouse

It is checked. I deleted all the temp files suggested and I did get the
toolbar back.
Now I know what to do if it happens again.
Thanks for your help!

--noblehouse

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

When you say the addin is loaded - is it also checked?
Checkout http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm to establish
that it is not locked by an orphan temporary file.
See if http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm offers any
insights into why it is not loading correctly.

noblehouse wrote:
I use PDFMaker to make Word documents into PDFs. Our group uses this
feature a lot. It was working fine last week. Then one day I started
PDF Maker running, then realized I had forgotten to change something
in my original document. I clicked Cancel to stop PDF Maker, which
worked, then got called away to work on a couple of other things.
When I went back to Word to generate the PDF again, the PDF Maker
toolbar and menu item were gone. When I go to Tools/Template and Add
ins, it tells me PDF Maker is loaded. I also see that it is still
there the OFFICE11\Startup folder. How do I get the toolbar back so
I can make a PDF? (The PDF Toolbar and Menu and there when I open
Excel and Powerpoint, but not Word.