Jay Freedman

Sarah Atkinson wrote:
Yesterday a co-worker and I were working on a word document together.
we were in her office so she had her computer and I had my laptop.
Both of us had an origional copy of the document (located on our
local server) open however when we made changes both of us had to
type the changes on our own copy. We though it would be great if we
could each edit it in real time. Is this possible?
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

You can't both open the same copy of a document at the same time. Word has a
locking mechanism that prevents that.

I haven't tried this, but it should work... If both computers are running
Windows XP, you may be able to use the Remote Assistance feature to share
control of the same desktop to both keyboards, using only one copy of the
document on one computer. Here are a couple of articles about it:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ist/intro.mspx
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=28481

--
Regards,