Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Autonumbering aligned to the right of the column

You can save a table as AutoText. And in fact, if you use Insert | Reference
| Caption to insert your captions and expect to create cross-references
based on them, you will need to use a table; otherwise, everything that is
in the same paragraph with the caption (i.e., the whole equation) will get
picked up in a cross-reference. So the usual solution is to create a
borderless table with a dummy equation and sample caption included and save
it as an AutoText entry.

I believe that MathType offers more sophisticated captioning techniques for
equations; see www.dessci.com.

"Sanna" wrote in message
Thanks for the answer Suzanne, but I would like to auto-number the

equations
through the style settings, with as little manual manipulations as

possible.
I found an alternative answer at,

which however also suggests to manually insert something after each

formula
- in this case a caption.

I would like to be able to do the following:
1. I format a style, like any auto-numbered style (Headings for example).
2. I apply that style to any line, and the number automatically appears at
the end of that line, with pre-set brackets, chapter and subchapter

numbers
in front, etc, etc.

I found some general info about scientific publishing on,

http://research.microsoft.com/~jckru...publishing.htm

where it is suggested to insert a table for each formula. This would also
include a lot of extra work for each formula.

I understand if this is not possible to do with word.

Best regards