Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tengu Tengu is offline

Default Word 2007 Styles

I believe that's more a workaround than a solution. I think it would be
very odd for the software engineers to have completely removed the
opportunity for users to do any universal customization of styles.

This won't work for me because I have already have a number of templates for
specific purposes but really don't want to have to use a new document from
template command either every time I start a new doc or everytime I want to
begin a document formatted in the way I'm currently concerned about. Mostly
I'll use this to create new docs with a pre-formatted heading. But I want to
take advantage of the style palette's ability to revert to normal formatting
after the opening line or paragraph simply by hitting the return key.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Perhaps it would be easier just to create a document template from scratch?