Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tengu Tengu is offline

Default Word 2007 Styles

It seems like the more thorough I try to be with my explanation the more
confusing it becomes for you!

I want to be able to define a style and then have that style be available in
ALL subsequent new documents. I don't want it to be the default style, just
available if and when I want it at the click of my mouse. In the past one
added such things to what I believe was called the "global" template saved in
normal.dot.

I haven't found a way to save any redefined or new styles that survive
beyond the document I'm working on when I define them.

To be a little more specific:
I often create documents for which I like to have a formatted title with
these attributes: my default font in 16 point bold and itelic type, and in
small caps format. I am able to change the "Heading 1" style accordingly AND
to create and name a new style. Since I always base it on "Heading 1" it has
the feature that it reverts to my default font when I hit the return key
after typing the title line. I want it to do that! But when I exit the
current document and exit and restart word that style is no longer visible on
the style palette.
eb