Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 Styles

The Body Text First Indent style is one of Word's built-in styles. By
default it has a 0.15" first-line indent, but you can modify the style to
have any indent you want. It is otherwise identical to the Body Text style
(which is Normal + 6 pts Space After). You really need to learn more about
using styles; see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/stylesms/index.html

http://word.mvps.org

"Nik" wrote in message
Hullo,

sorry again for the stupid Q, but on the assumption this is different to
the
first line indent for the paragraph settings, where can I set the "body
text
indent" separately from the generic paragraph indent?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I would suggest that you use heading styles for your headings and the
Body
Text First Indent style (as modified to have your preferred indent) for
your
body text.

http://word.mvps.org

"Nik" wrote in message
Apologies for opening this thread again, but I am rather struggling due
my
own ignorance.

Using Word 2007 I have managed to set my paragraphs to have a 1.27
indent
on
the first line (which my publisher expects). Using the previous posts
have
successfully set the default indent across the normal template, which
is
great.

However, this doesn't just indent only paragraph text, but every single
line
of text even if it is not a paragraph specifically.

For example, chapter headings are indented. The title is indented. I
see
these are based upon basic "paragraphs" but this behaviour isn't what I
expected. What am I doing wrong for titles to indent so?

Is there a way to undo this behaviour yet retain the paragraph
formatting?