Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ralphael1

Default read only

Gordon wrote:
"Ralphael1" wrote in message
ups.com...

Yoshioka, I have same problem. Like you I have tried everything and the
problem still there. I am convinced there is no way to get rid of Read
Only.

And where are these files you are trying to open located? Is it just one

file, or does it happen with ALL files?

These files are saved in the dreaded My Documents realm. I found some
information on a google search but it was not any help.
Here is how I created the files: Being a stamp collector I copied and
pasted some images to a blank email and sent it to myself. Then I went
to edit images and sent them to foldersz stored in My Documents. The
problem is that I cannot delete images that I no longer need and cannot
rename either. Why did I save the images the way I did, it was the only
way I found that I could do it.

Ralphael, the OLD one