Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Embobz Embobz is offline

Default Populate file properties from text fields in document

Greg,

Thanks for the code. It does what I want it to do, but I'm having
problems getting the macro to run 'on exit'. By the way, it's Word
2003 - I didn't mention that. Either I'm being a bit dim, or I didn't
explain properly exactly what I was trying to do. I need to have some
existing text that will tell the user that they need to 'type subject
here' etc. but then whatever they type is then put into the subject/
title field of the properties. The problem I'm having is that as soon
as you type into the text formfield, it is replaced by the normal
text, the text formfield no longer exists, and so the macro cannot run
'on exit' from a non-existent field. More help please!

Emma