Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jas Jas is offline

Default Insert text/symbols in the left margin

Here is an example, I use a bullet and then I list the step to follow for
someone to perform. When performing a certain step, the user may have to go
to a certain area of the program so I have copied and pasted a picture of the
speed bar button they can click on from the program to go to that area.
These pictures are in the right margin which was easier to do because I just
decreased the right margin and then put a column on the entire right margin
to seperate the text from these speed buttons. I now have to move them from
the right margin to the left margin. This is creating a problem because I
have topic indents and then the bulletized steps are indented a little more.
I guess what I am trying to do is increase the left margin and be able to
copy these pics/symbols to the left side without messing up my text. Does
that make any sense??

Thank you,

JAS

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Are you saying you used
picture bullets, want to use picture bullets, are having trouble with
marginal graphics next to bulleted text, or what?

"JAS" wrote in message
Hello and HELP,

I have a document, actually it is a tech manual now, that in the right
margin I have placed symbols/function/shortcut keys next to a particuliar
step to follow. I need to move these symbols/keys which are basically just
copy and pasted pics to the left margin. My delimia is that these steps
(where I have placed the shortcut symbols) are bulletized. Does anyone

have
any ideas on how I can do this.