Jay Freedman

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:55:01 -0800, "Mike"
wrote:

I want to retain the current contents of the clipboard when starting Word
2002, but it is always blank.

When I first used Word 2002 I remember being given the option of clearing
the clipboard at startup, and I naively selected that option.

I now want to change to retaining text I have copied onto the clipboard when
I start Word so that I can immediately paste it into a document without going
back and re-copying it.

How do I change the default state of the clipboard at startup?

Hi Mike,

Word itself doesn't have any option to clear or not clear the
clipboard at startup. If your copy of Word is from the Works Suite
package, though, you probably have the Works Add-In installed. One of
the many nasty features of this (mostly unnecessary) add-in is that it
clears the clipboard when you start Word. Uninstall the add-in through
the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs dialog.

If you aren't dealing with Works Suite, it may be a different add-in.
See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...sInstalled.htm
and http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...514521033.aspx
for detection and removal instructions.