Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Line in a form keeps shifting

You are welcome

CAPTGNVR wrote:
DEAR SUZANE AND GRAHAM

Thank you so much and I managed to do so far. Now I have moved onto
another new thread to the next stage.

This thread can be closed and once again a big thanks and one extra
one for Graham to devote so much time.

brgds/captgnvr

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The form template example I returned to you is locked, but not
password protected. Open the template in Word and use the forms
toolbar button to unlock it.

The 'grey' comments areas are simply borderless table cells of sixed
row height and column width containing form fields. The name and
date fields at the top of the form are simple text form fields, but
I have removed the dozens of tabs and replaced them with only the
required tab stops so they don't wander about when filled. (Press
Ctrl+* or ¶ to display the formatting characters)

The template is then locked before use to create new documents..

CAPTGNVR wrote:
DEAR GRAHAM
Good day. I hv put the lion template.dot on hold for the time being
as it
is a personal need and instead have taken up this sprucing up the
form for the ship needs.

I went thro many threads but could not find what u hv done on the
form I sent.

1. I selected all the wingding boxes and replaced by 'form check
box'. But
I dont get the cross in it but it opens up another screen where I
have to click the option for each box. Not like yours where the
cross immediately appears on clicking it.

2. The remarks field u hv given me has a grey area without any
irritating shifting lines and it is very good but I am unable to
figure out how you have done.

3. I tried to unlock to see how you have done but it says the
document is password protected.

Pls guide and also give me the links to read up and learn more. Pls
dont mistake for taking advantage of your willingness to help.

brgds/captgnvr

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

OK!

CAPTGNVR wrote:
DEAR GRAHAM
That is so nice of u. In any case, I am checking line by line
what it does and what I want. Just now sort of figuring out
excel basic and when I came to word, it is totally different and
not familiar with the commands.

In the mean time, can I have ur permision to send one form which
was made on the ship but I feel not at all user friendly. If I
have to spruce it, might take a long time with my novice
knowledge. So can u look at it and tell me or sugest better way?

brgds/captgnvr
"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If I get some time to play around with it, I will see if I can
simplify the macros.

CAPTGNVR wrote:
DEAR GRAHAM
Thank you for instant response. Making new forms basis your
advice and thanks.

With regard to the auto text-- well I am still at it. But the
macro u sent - i am trying to decipher it and will take time to
ustand what each line does. Of cource will not give up but will
take it up when time permits me on the ship.

brgds/captgnvr

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Such a form is designed to be filled by hand using a pen.
If you wish it to be filled using the PC, you need to replace
the lines with form fields and protect the document for forms.
If you need to retain the lines and fill form fields the form
field should be placed in a table cell of fixed dimensions and
the 'line' is emulated by setting a border to the bottom of the
cell.

CAPTGNVR wrote:
Dear All

In the forms prepared to fill in data, there is a box for
filling comments. In this comment box there are lines like
this " _______________ ". When I start to type the comments
the line " _________ " keeps shifting and when I hit space
bar the typed matter gets shifted to top line. What is the
back ground for this sort of building the form and how to
make this line disappear when I type comments?

BR/CAPTGNVR