Jay Freedman

Iceman wrote:
Hello, group

Using Word97.

I was using macro keys to insert letters in a different font.
Suddenly the word turned red, then green, was underscored, struck
through. I can't delete the word, nor the paragraph, AAMOF I can't
edit the whole document. A border appears in the left margin of the
paragraph.

My question is: 1) Was this caused by a "macro virus", and 2) How can
this be fixed, so I don't have to start typing from the beginning.

Thanks

Don't be so paranoid!

You have Track Changes turned on. All those colors, strikethrough, and
underlines are indications of things being edited.

Go into Tools Track Changes and turn it off. Then use the Accept All
button on the Reviewing toolbar (which you may have to display through the
View Toolbars menu).

When you say "macro keys", that isn't a term that Word uses for anything.
What are you talking about? AutoText entries? or real macros (from Tools
Macro Macros) that were assigned to shortcut keys?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman