Andy

Default Patching Word 2002

I got Word 2002 with my new computer in the Summer of 2003, and have
never patched it. Been diligent about keeping XP Pro SP1 patched,
except that I haven't upgraded Windows to SP2.

My version of Word says SP1. I'm going to be receiving and editing
other people's Word files (something I haven't been doing at all), so
I'm thinking I better update Word. I understand that unpatched, I
could expose myself to malicious macro code.

Do I have anything to worry about when I do this? Will I notice any
differences when I run Word 2002 updated? Is there a recommended way
to do this?

I hate messing with something that's working, but I think I better do
this and want to do it in the way least likely to cause me any
trouble. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Andy