Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default watermarks and margins and focus

Don't do it like this! Put the graphic in the first page header view with a
suitable wrap option set to allow the text to avoid it. Fix the text area
with margins. Do not use text boxes for the text.
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"i dude eclair" wrote in message
7...
I have a client with unusual letterhead.
I've created a custom watermark as the letterhead image, and a textbox for
the document body.
Margins don't work. They move the watermark.

So ...when the document opens - I need focus to go to the textbox to
prevent the user from entering outside the textbox. By default the cursor
is floating over the watermark image.

is there a simple way to do this? - or prevent the user from typing
outside
of the textbox?

thanks