WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Changing merge fields to upper case

Yes, you can change merge fields to upper case in Microsoft Word. Here's how:
  1. Open your Word document and navigate to the Mailings tab.
  2. Click on the "Select Recipients" button and choose your data source.
  3. Insert the merge field into your document where you want it to appear.
  4. Highlight the merge field and right-click on it.
  5. Select "Toggle Field Codes" from the drop-down menu.
  6. The merge field code will now be displayed. Add "\* Upper" to the end of the code, after the field name. For example, if your merge field is FirstName, the code should now read FirstName \* Upper.
  7. Press "Alt+F9" to toggle back to the merged view.
  8. Your merge field should now appear in upper case.

You can repeat this process for any other merge fields that you want to appear in upper case. Remember to remove the "\* Upper" code if you want the merge field to appear in its original case in other merged documents.