If you modify the List Number style and apply it, you will always get the
formatting you prefer.

"Anna Summers" wrote in message
And "remember" this as the DEFAULT style for my numbered lists?

AnnaSummers

"Steve Yandl" wrote:

Anna,

Each time you press the Enter key to get a new numbered line, you're
actually creating a new paragraph. Select your numbered list, go to

'Format
Paragraph...' and in the 'Spacing' section, set 'Spacing before' to

6pt.
That should do the trick.

Steve

"Anna Summers" wrote in message
I was trying to get a bit of space (a half line to a line) between

each
item
on a numbered list and it was a nightmare. I started reading about

the
numbered list situation, which seems to me to be a basic item for a

word
processor to accomplish easily.

What a gleaned from my reading was that Word 2003 list numbering does

NOT
work reliably and that it takes someone with time to study programming

and
writing cryptic code to get it to work properly. I am astounded! I
thought
word was supposed to be some great word processor - and it can't even
provide
and easy-do-do simple thing like a numbered list - not even 1. 2. 3.

with
bit of space between the items instead of running them together?

Does WordPerfect provide an easy way to produce a numbered list?

Anna