John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Yeah, when they first started annoying ME I asked one of the Word devs, and
he called it a SmartTag. I think that behind the scenes it "is" a SmartTag,
but you never see purple lines on it because it has no width. WinWord puts
a little underline under it if you hover over it.

On 25/6/05 2:58 AM, in article ,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I can see that the Smart Buttons/smart tags might cause some confusion,
though I'm not sure it explains the error in Word references I've seen based
on the Windows version (since I doubt seriously that the authors were using
Macs).

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 4 1209 1410