Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob

Default My Docs & Documents & Settings problems

Thanks for your help, I found out that by re-setting the properties to
default by right clicking on My Documents in the Explorer box was what I
needed. I transfered the My Documents that were in the My Recent Documents
(short cuts only now) to a folder by default in Doc & Settings/Owner/My
Documents. Everything is back as it use to be and in sync. Thanks again, Bob

"Bob" wrote:

Hello, I had to recreate the folder My Documents in Documents and
Settings/owner/My Documents due to an error that I made that deleted the
original. I copied and paste all files that were in the stand alone My
Documents folder.

Now when I save a document it is placed into My documents. When I go to
Documents and Settings/owner/my documents, the file is not there. This just
started happening because all of My Document files prior to this week are in
both My Documents and Documents and Settings.

My question is when a file is saved in Word (2003) does it automatically
save itself in both My Documents and Documents and Settings/Owner/My
Documents? Any solutions if it is not saving itself in both folders?
Thanks, Bob