Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default help with cross-reference

Unfortunately, there is no way to cross-reference heading text, heading number,
and page number without inserting three separate cross-references.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I'm working on a big document and I need to know if there is a faster way to
insert cross-reference links.

On every chapter (H1), I insert a list of of sub-headers (H2). It looks like
this:
-----------------------------
1. Chapter One
- Section 1.1 "title" on page 99
-----------------------------

What I am currently doing is, "insert reference cross-reference ".
Then select the target heading, with "heading number", then the same for
header text and header page. This takes a long time, as i have to scroll the
list of headers (long) for each of the three components of each reference.

Is there any way of inserting all three components with a single click (or
faster than what I am doing now?

Basically, I would like to say:
- insert reference link to heading 1.1 and it would automatically output "-
Section 1.1 "title" on page 99", where "1.1" is the header number, "title" is
the title text and "99" is the header page number

thank you for your help.