Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I save a file as Text Only versus Plain Text?

I'm guessing it would be "MS-DOS Text with Layout converter for Word." And
please don't change the subject line on existing threads.

"Elly Bennett" wrote in message
What is the download called?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You probably need the old converter for this - linked from the downloads
page of my web site.

Tony Jollans wrote:
In 2003 (and I assume XP is similar) when you click on Save in the
Save Dialog you get a Conversion dialog - the default is "Windows"
ANSI (non-Unicode) - does it cause a problem when you use this?

"Jessi" wrote in message
When I save the fiel as Plain Text, I don't know how to change the
encoding from Unicode to text only. This is not an option under the
encoding choices. The software I'm importing into needs the file to
be in plain text. I can choose this option in Microsoft Word Me, but
I'm not too sure how in Microsoft Office Word XP. Any advice is
greatly needed.

Thanks again, Jessi

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Or what's in plain text that's causing the problem?

If the whole thing is wrong then you are probably using the wrong
encoding for your other software. Or, perhaps, the wrong type of
carriage return and/or line feed.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
What's missing in plain txt?
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Jessi" wrote in message
I'm trying to save a file as Text Only (*.txt) using Microsoft
Office Word,
but do not have this option under "Save as type." The only option
is Plain Text (*.txt). This file type does not work for me. I'm
importing the file into another software and the file type must
be Text Only. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.