Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AmyK

Default setting margins for page numbers

I see that, which is helpful for my page numbers when they appear in the
upper right hand corner. However, I'm not sure that it addresses the 1" that
I need at the bottom when the page numbers placed in the bottom center.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried looking in Word's Help? If you search for "header margin,"
the first hit is "Position headers and footers." The header and footer
margins are set on the Layout tab of Page Setup.

"AmyK" wrote in message
Is this the same as the gutter margin? I don't see anywhere that I can
change the header/footer margin. I also read that I should just change my
bottom and side margins to increase .5" to accomodate this.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The placement of page numbers is determined by the header/footer margin.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"AmyK" wrote in message
I need my page numbers to appear within a 1 inch margin. My text is
appearing in this margin, but my page numbers are outside of it. Does
anyone
know how to format the margins for where the page number will appear?