Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Can I copy a scanned form to Word and then complete the blanks

It's been awhile since I've used Microsoft Office Document Imaging for
something like this but I have in the past and I do think adding the text
boxes to the image in it is a little easier than trying to do it in Word,
even when you know what you're doing. ;-)

But either way, the task can be fairly simple or a lot of work depending on
the form you're trying to fill in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
I'm not sure that that will help you, but it is relatively easy for anyone
reasonably competent in Word to do this. I do it regularly, for single
pages, but it is more complex if the form has multiple pages.

What I do is place the scanned image (I usually take pages from PDFs, but
scanned images work in the same way) in the header - as a background - and
position it to fit the page. Then in the main body of the document add
text boxes (text boxes usually serve my purposes well, but are not the
only way) and move and position them over the spaces in the form. If there
are many boxes to fill in, the display can tend to jump about a little if
all the text boxes are anchored to a single paragraph. Depending on the
complexity of the form, you may be able to simply type in the document
body, or perhaps use a table, and space the text appropriately.

There is no magic bullet; Word cannot interpret the image, and each form
is a one-off, but it isn't particularly difficult once you know how.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"DonR" wrote in message
I actually found a solution in something called "Microsofft Office
Document
Imaging" which is not installed by default, but resides in "Office" and
can
be installed.
httpffice.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA102548791033.aspx