Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default help in automatic formating for superscripts!!

If he does, the same principles apply.

Peter T. Daniels wrote:
I wonder whether arty, who does a lot of chemistry, writes only about
fluorine-18 (the only fairly stable radioactive isotope, with a half-
life of 110 min --wik.), or whether he wasn't looking for a way to
automate the typing of _any_ atomic weight before an element symbol.

On Oct 27, 1:53 am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
I mustn't be awake yet as my brain read a completely different
answer to what had Greg posted - maybe I need another cup of tea?

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Graham Mayor wrote:
Create a formatted autocorrect entry. Type the 18F as you want it to
appear and select it, then create the autocorrect entry (Word
Proofing Autocorrect Options)
Greg's macro will work for existing documents.

newbie arty wrote:
Hello, quick question,

I would like to have word 2007 automatically recognize 18F and
change it to (superscript18)F.
I do a lot of chemistry, and manually changing 18 into a
superscript is getting pretty tedious.

Appreciate any help!
arty-