Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default page breaks

It sounds as if you have not created the footer as a footer. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"ligninman" wrote in message
I have a page with a header and a footer and no matter whether I save it as
template or a document, when I edit it, or add text, I cannot type to the
bottom of the page because my header and footer move to page 2. How do I
insert a page break before the footer. All suggestions I have seen do not
seem to work.

I'm simply trying to create some stationary.

Geoff

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Instead of inserting a page break with Ctrl+Enter, format the following
paragraph as "Page break before" (Line and Page Breaks tab of Format |
Paragraph). If there is a specific heading level that should always begin
new page, incorporate this setting in the heading style.

so
all may benefit.

"VAS" wrote in message
Using Word 2002
I want to insert a page break that doesn't have formatting attached to
it.
It seems to cause no end of problems with captions. It seems that
anytime

insert a page break without formatting I have to have a space before
the

next
formatted element.

Thanks