Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default WinWord 2007 messes up styles

The style definitions have changed and the styles are applied to completely
different paragraphs? The former could be the result of "Automatically update
document styles" being selected in the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box. I'm not
sure what could cause the second issue, though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"marcelma" wrote in message

Hello Stefan,

"Messed up" means in this context that the assignment of styles to the
paragraphs of the text is no longer what I have done, but seems to follow a
partial random order. Partial, because it never concerns all styles, only a
selection is being randomly assigned, while others are uneffected. It seems that
the style definitions concerning font-size etc. are not being kept either. I say
"it seems", because after saving and re-opening the texts often look so
different that I haven't quite figured out yet what the exact source of the
difference might be, whether it is only random re-assignment of styles or
whether the styles are being re-defined too. Unfortunately I can't exactly
re-produce this effect at will. I can provoke it (for example by deleting
self-defined styles) but the result is always different.

Marcel