Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hector Hector is offline

Default how do i activate speech recognition in word 2007

Hey Danon:

I had the very same frustration finding out that MS removed the speech
recognition feature from the Office suite. I sent a letter to Microsoft and
to my great delight they sent me a response the next working day!
I don't know what your system configuration looks like or how comfortable do
you feel tinkering with your Operating System but they did send me a couple
of links so I could instal the Speech Recognition application on my computer.
I am including those instrucions with the links and see how comfortable you
feel with it.
I think that this is better than nothing and I myself do enjoy tweking my
system in order to improve it. Best of luck....Hector

...."Please first go to the following link to download and install speech
engine:

Speech SDK 5.1

After that, please refer to the following link to learn how to use speech
recognition.

How to install and configure speech recognition in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306537/en-us

For more information, please read the article below:

How To Use Speech Recognition in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306901/en-us

Please let me know the results at your earliest convenience."

I don't know why Jay is suggesting you buy something instead of trying to
instal the application for yourself if you wanted to.
Also to my very big surprize was a whole website from Microsoft just
dedicated to speech recognition with its own magazine subscription .
As I said before I wish you the best of luck
--
Hector

"danonwheels" wrote:

i am disabled and need to use speech recognition to produce documents any
help appreciated