Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Can I create an email mailing list from a list of names?

Probably the easiest way to do it is to create a new column in your Excel
sheet that has a formula to concatenate the various bits of info you need,
then use that column when you merge to e-mail (assuming that's good enough
for your requirement.

e.g. if your firstname is in column A and your surname is in column B, a
formula such as ")
might be enough - propagate the formula to every cell in the column.

If you don't want to disturb your existing sheet, copy it before adding the
column.

Alternatively, if you /just/ need a list of addresses and nothing else from
the spreadsheet,
a. create a "directory" type merge with the following fields and text:

{ MERGEFIELD firstname }.{ MERGEFIELD surname

Either insert the fields from the dropdown or use ctrl-F9 to enter the {}
then type the other text in the usual way.

Make sure there are two paragraph marks at the end oof the document.

Merge to a new document. Insert a column heading (e.g. "eaddress"). Save the
document, and use it as your data source.

Peter Jamieson

"Hezza1506" wrote in message
I am trying to send a mass email, to a group of peopel whose email
addresses
I know are in the format . I have
list in excel with first names in one column and surnames in another, and
it
extends to several hundred names, so I really don't want to have to type
every email address individually.
Does anyone know of a way in which I can automatically create an email
mailing list from this list of names?
Thanks