Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Where is the "Normal" file in Word 2007?

The name of the file is normal.dotm (the "m" indicates that it's able to
store macros).

It's stored in the folder identified as the User Templates location in the
Office button Word Options Advanced File Locations dialog. Because
that dialog is too narrow to show the full path, it's better to go to Office
button Word Options Trust Center Trust Center Settings Trusted
Locations where you can see the whole thing.

The default location on Windows XP is
C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates
while on Vista it's
C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
In either case it's a hidden folder, but you can get there quickly by
entering
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
in the address bar of the Windows Explorer ("My Computer" or "Computer")
program and pressing Enter.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

LA Lawyer wrote:
I want to be able to copy the normal.doc (or whatever it is now
called) in Word 2007 so that my desktop and laptop are using the same
Word setup.
I searched for "normal" (with Word closed, of course) and came up with
nothing.

What is the name of the file and where is it located?