Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Two unrelated questions

There should be a check box to select whether or not to display the task
pane on opening. If this doesn't work for you, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...owTaskPane.htm. Note that the
sole purpose of the TaskPaneController add-in is to run a macro to perform
the necessary Registry edit. After the macro is run, the add-in can and
should be removed from the Startup folder because it may cause a problem (a
message about SQL on starting Word).

http://word.mvps.org

"PT" wrote in message
On Nov 27, 2:09 pm, "Terry Farrell" wrote:
Usually, to open Word to 'nothing', it is necessary to edit the Startup
command line by adding the /n switch. I would check to see if the shortcut
that you are using to launch Word has been edited that way.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Maybe I spoke too soon. Now, although Word opens with a blank
document, the right hand section of the screen is now occupied by a
band of items including “Getting Started”, “Office Online”, and a list
of recently opened documents.

I closed it and it disappears, but reappears each time I start up
Word.

Any further suggestions?