Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Alison

Default Mail Merge Number Sequencing

I've never used macros before, so I can't follow the article regarding
creating sequentially numbered documents. I tried to just paste in the
AutoNew template that the article gives into a Macro (after I clicked Create
under Macros), but I got an error. Do you have any insight on how to work
with macros?

Alison

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" ha scritto:

Maybe you should be using the technique in the article "Creating
sequentially numbered documents (such as invoices)" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Alison" wrote in message
Is it possible to force the merge sequencing to start at a number
different
from 1? For example for various memos we do at work, they begin with 1 at
the beginning of the year, and each note gets the next number. So if I
want
to merge a bunch of notes to various offices, I'd like to start with the
next
number in our note system, which could be 21, for example. Is there a way
tell the merge to start at 21, for example? So far I've only been able to
get mergerec to start at 1. Thanks for your advice.

Alison Lewis