Posted to microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Default Use Word 2003 menus and toolbars in Word 2007

I just got the zip file. You have a copy of the .net framework in the
zip twice. Quite frankly, that's a bit excessive. Why don't you have the
setup bootstrapper of each add-in get the .net framework as well as
Windows Installer on demand if necessary directly from MS? That would
save you a lot of space and get the files down to a reasonable size
while still working for all configurations.
Also, you only need extensibilityMSM.msi from KB908002.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

" wrote in message
oups.com:

Hi Patrick,

Good point.

First, there are two version of the program in that zip.
ToolbarToggle and ToolbarToggleLite which the user may install
seperately. Also, we support XP, XP SP2, Server 2005, VISTA, and we
can't count on machines having all the necessary Microsoft system
files.

So rather than possibly confusing people making them decide between
between two different versions of the application, for two different
applications, for X number of operating system components - we
compromised on size and made a one size fits all.

Our genuine apologies to those on dial-up. For users on slow
connection, perhaps if you do it at night - we promise the applicaiotn
is worth it!