Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "- Continued" text with Field Code?

What she wants for the second problem is a Continuation marker in the
caption of a table that goes to a second page -- I know how to do it
for continued footnotes, and it's pretty likely that there's a way to
do it in the Captions dialog (ISTR the rare times that I've had a two-
page table tha the caption does repeat).

On Jan 20, 7:10*pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
For the table of contents, you can do the following: Place the TOC in a
separate section and enable the "Different first page" option in the Page
Setup dialog box. Type in "Table of Contents" in the first page header; in
the main header, type in "Table of Contents - Continued."

For the table of figures, you can do exactly the same.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"binar01011" *wrote in ...

Fellow Forum Members,
I have a 500 page Word 2007 document with a 10 page Table of Contents
(TOC). For the first page of the TOC my Boss wants to see this for the
first page of the TOC Title:

"TABLE OF CONTENTS"

However, for page 2 through 10 he wants to see this:

"TABLE OF CONTENTS - Continued"

My question to anyone out there. Can the "- Continued" text be generated
by using a FIELD CODE that will be smart enough not show "- Continued"
text in the first page of a TOC title but show it for all of the other
pages that follow the first page?

Same thing for Table captions. Can a FIELD CODE be inserted at the end
of the Table Caption for the first page of the Table, but then for the
second page of the same table it automatically generates the "-
Continued" text?

It would be nice if such a field code was already included has part of
Word 2007, but I haven't been able to find one.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--
binar01011