Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
uncertain

Default How do I make links in Microsoft office automatically update

I verified that there was a check in the "Update Automatic Links on Open"
under ToolsOptionsGeneral.

Per your request:
I have Windows XP and I am using Microsoft Word 2003.
The links start and end within the same Word document.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Ggo to ToolsOptionsGeneral and make sure there is a check in the box to
Update Automatic Links on Open.

If that doesn't do it, please specify Word/Windows versions as wll as what
type of files you linked _to_ when you post back.

HTH |:)

"uncertain" wrote:

I have added links to Microsoft office and selected the automatically update
icon in the Links option of the Edits menu, but the links do not automatic
update. I still have to manually update the links when they change. What do
I need to do to make the links automatically update?