Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do I add recipients to a mailmerge label list?

You could use the old Mailmerge Helper - covered at
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm - which will allow
you to break the link with the MDB file and create a new document containing
the data which can be edited and used as the data source in place of the MDB
file.

Peter Jamieson wrote:
The Edit button leads you to a dialog box that lets you add records.
If the Edit button is greyed, you cannot use that method for the
reason I mentioned.

I do not believe that there is a more direct way to go to this
Edit/Add function in Word 2003, at least not that works with an
"Office Address Book" .mdb file.

"Relztrah" wrote in message
Please note that I don't want to edit my current list. I want to ADD
recipients to an existing list and perform the merge again. Are you
saying that I cannot do this in Word? I have to use Access or Excel
to add names to
a mailing label merge job in Word?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Try "Mail Merge Recipients", then click the Edit button in there.

If the Edit button is greyed out it (usually) means that Word does
not recognise your .mdb as an "Office Address List" any more, in
which case you
can edit the recipients list directly in Access (if you have it) or
go the
route that Doug suggested.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Relztrah" wrote in message
This should be very simple. I created address labels using Word
mailmerge
and
finished the merge, printed the labels, everything's OK. Now I
want to add
new recipients to my existing .mdb file and re-merge. I can open
the original
document and edit the existing recipients, but how do I actually
add new
names and addresses? There is no button on the Mailmerge toolbar
to ADD recipients.

Please provide simple step-by-step instructions because I have
tried everything and can't seem to open my existing data file so
that I can add
names and addresses, only edit the existing ones.